AGV PISTA GP R Project 46 3.0 Carbon Helmet
AGV PISTA GP R E2205 motorcycle helmet. The evolution of the groundbreaking Pista GP, the Moto GP helmet, it’s the most protective helmet ever developed. Its new “Biplano” spoiler and its included hydration system bring AGV’s safety and performances to the next level.
AGV Pista GP R Project 46 3.0 Carbon Helmet
Pista GP R is the ultimate track helmet, developed for AGV athletes in Moto GP and other racing championships: the same performance and protective technology used in premium racing is now available to racers worldwide.
Developed under AGV’s Extreme Standards protocol, Pista GP R features a 100% Carbon shell layered with a 5-density EPS shell and a lightweight structure that strongly exceeds the regulatory safety requirements, combined with MotoGP-derived innovations such as an integrated hydration system, metal air vents and a wind tunnel-engineered “Biplano” aero spoiler.
The strength of pure carbon
- Pista GP R features a 100% pure carbon fiber outer shell layered on a 5-density EPS inner shell, a lightweight structure that strongly exceeds the regulatory safety requirements with a weight of only 1,350 g (smallest shell size). It boasts a 5-star rating from independent certifying body SHARP and is tested at 8.5 m/s. 4 dedicated shell sizes and 4 internal EPS sizes create a hyper compact structure that minimizes volume around the head.
From TV to cinema, with the strength of a shield
- New Race 3 visor built in Class Option 1 for a distortion-free view, featuring a panoramic shape that allows a horizontal view of 190° and a vertical view of 85° for unlimited field of view. The visor is an effective shield that extends impact protection: it reaches 5mm thickness for strength and features a patented locking system for extended protection during impacts. A Pinlock® Max Vision 120 lens is integrated for superior antifog performance.
Revolutionizing the concept of ventilation
- Pista GP R introduces the innovative concept of external air intakes, with a double purpose: capturing more air at the front and creating a depression at the rear. This means more air entering the helmet and a faster internal transition: in other words, a greater cooling effect even in the hardest athletic efforts. The external fins are built with a soft polymer that is directly injected over the metal air intakes: this ensures a flat surface during impacts and superior safety in any situation.
All the air, all the safety
- Pista GP R vents are made of metal: this allowed the AGV technicians to create a wider vented surface in total safety. More air, better cooling performance, total safety.
Introducing biplano aero technology
- The new wind tunnel-tested “Biplano” spoiler with multiple wings is designed to maximize aerodynamic performance and to add stability at high speed. It has been developed with the help of AGV pro riders in MotoGP,resulting in a 4% aerodynamic improvement. In case of an accident, the Biplano detaches itself from the helmet to increase safety.
Integrated hydration system
- Pista GP R is the world’s first helmet with an Integrated Hydration System. The system provides a connection to the water bag inside the hump of the racing suit, allowing the rider to stay hydrated with ease even in the most demanding races.
- Developed together with the top riders, the Pista GP R’s interiors are engineered with a lightweight structure for maximum performance on the race track. The interiors have an adaptable fit and no stitching in sensitive areas, while the two-way stretch fabric ensures maximum breathability.
Patented emergency release system
- The cheek pads are equipped with a patented safety release system for emergency removal. The strips at the bottom of the helmet allow for an easy removal in case of accident, with no accidental detachments and no weight increase.
- Shell in 100% Carbon Fiber engineered in 4 sizes with 5-densities EPS structure developed in 4 sizes. The structure offers an extremely compact and light helmet with unmatched safety performance.
- Shell shape is designed to maximize aerodynamic performance and to minimize the risk of impact energies being channeled to the collar bone. Rear shape is engineered to minimize interference with racing suit in racing position.
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with 5 large front vents and 2 rear extractors hollowed in the shell which direct air to the rider’s head. The unique central upper air intake has been strategically placed in highest air pressure point to capture maximum air flow.
- New Moto GP developed metal air vents, combines unique strength and protection with an innovative external fins structure engineered to capture maximum airflow in the front of the shell and increase air pressure on the rear exhaust, therefore incrementing the speed of air transition inside the helmet, leading to a higher cooling performance. New internal chin channels distribute the air flow evenly thru the entire visor surface. Vents covers are included in the box.
- New wind tunnel tested Biplano spoiler features multiple wings to maximize aerodynamic performance, optimize CX, stabilizing the helmet during high speed riding in any conditions. Biplano spoiler is engineered to detach from the helmet in case of an accident, therefore maintaining helmet’s round shape for increased safety.
- Moto GP developed interiors engineered for maximum performance on the track with a patented structure that allows riders to optimize fit and select helmet height positioning over the head. Developed with top riders, the neck roll offers easy entry, maximum ventilation and adaptable fit. Different thickness crown pad and cheek pads inserts are included in the box, allowing the rider to adapt the helmet fit. Removable nose guard and wind protector.
- The inner of the helmet is designed to offer the highest riding comfort without any stitches in sensitive areas. All parts are easily removable and washable.
- Neck roll: 2way stretch breathable fabric to guarantee the maximum breathability in a lightweight structure, with high strength Nabuk inserts for durable performance.
- Cheek pads: soft and gentle Shalimar fabric with Sanitized® (antibacterial protection), 2Dry (moisture wicking) and Microsense (premium skin comfort and wearing fluidity) treatments.
- Crown pad: Elastic Microfibre with the same treatments listed for check pads.
- New Patented cheek pads safety release system engineered to remove conveniently cheek pads in case of accident.
- Moto GP developed hydration system included in the helmet with internal channels engineered for smooth tube placement and drinking valve placed inside the chin of the helmet for a constant and smooth hydration during riding. The system is fully removable.
- New Class Optic 1 visor with 100% Max Vision Pinlock® (120) anti fog technology is designed for maximum vertical view on racing position (85°) and unmatched horizontal view
- (190°). Visor is anti-scratch and ready for track use tear-off. A tear-off kit is included in the box.
- Patented Visor Lock System (VLS) reduces the risk of accidental opening in the event of an accident: visor thickness is from 4 to 5 mm, increasing face and eyes protection in the case of an accident.
- Exclusive metal visor mechanism in metal with roto-translation movement achieves total sealing between visor and shell. Tools free rapid visor release system allows the visor to be removed and replaced in seconds. Mechanism is designed to minimize area, therefore supporting peripheral view and impact performance.
- Double D retention system
Actual product may vary in color/features/packaging/contents/style/finish with updates from manufacturer.
The fit of AGV items is very important to ensure proper protection.
Before selecting your size, we suggest you take a tape measure and measure your head size.
Don't leave it to chance!
Consult the AGV size charts given below for your size!
Refer to our size guide to record precise measurements.