Dainese Manis D1 59 Back Protector Black
BACK PROTECTOR: THE ESSENCE OF PROTECTION
Dainese invented the back protector in 1979. It has since become an essential item for riders, first among the world championship riders and then among all two-wheeled enthusiasts across the world, accompanying them on their every adventure. The back protector is the essence of motorcycle protection.
Selecting the back protector to best suits your needs is fundamental in order to feel free and confident to fully enjoy every turn, in any conditions. This is why we help you to understand which technology is best for you.
The capacity to disperse the energy from an impact is the main characteristic of a protector. The force absorbed is not transmitted to the body of the rider.
The level of ventilation of a back protector determines its comfort and, consequently, a rider's confidence, particularly on the hottest of days
A lightweight protector can be more comfortably worn and over a longer period of time, without affecting your riding or movement in the saddle
FIT & INTEGRATION
Fit and integration with the jacket or leathers are essential characteristics in order to allow as much freedom of movement as possible.
Dainese Manis D1 Back Protector
Ideal for road or track use, the Dainese Manis D1 Back Protector offers CE level 2 impact protection, articulated external plates and comfort padding.
Back protector certified to CE - Cat. II - EN 1621.2/2014 Level 2
- Articulated external plates with controlled mobility, made of polypropylene with perforated and corrugated structure.
- Inner core in perforated Crash absorb
- Localized comfort padding
Ergonomics and Comfort:
- Back protector with 4 degrees of freedom:
- 1 - Longitudinal stretch
- 2 - Longitudinal bending
- 3 - Torsion
- 4 - Lateral bending controlled by special tensioners
- External perforated plates
- Crash Absorb perforated absorption material
- Reduced contact area
Sizing is dependent on both torso length and chest circumference. Height is measured from your shoulders to your natural waist, which will determine which Type is necessary. Chest circumference is measured at the widest point around your chest, usually just under the arm pits.
Shoulder to waist length determines Type:
- Type 49 14.5"-16.5" (37cm-42cm)
- Type 55 15.75"-17.75" (40cm - 45cm)
- Type 59 16.9"-18.9" (43cm-48cm)
- Type 65 18.1"-20.1" (46cm-51cm)
Chest circumference determines Size:
- Size SM 35.8"-38.2" (91-97cm)
- Size MD 38.2"-40.5" (97-103cm)
- Size LG 40.5"-42.9" (103-109cm)
- Size XL 42.9"-45.3" (109-115cm)
- Adjustable and removable straps
- Adjustable lumbar strip with double VELCRO® brand closure
Note: Depending on size, Back Protector will have more or fewer segments than image shown.
Refer to our size guide to record precise measurements.